ABC OF OUR DEMAND
1. That the Federal Government will spare no resources in urgently rescuing our 219 ChibokGirls before May 29, 2015 as promised by the President and the National Security Adviser of the President at various times. Our Federal Government has the constitutional duty to give justice to our #ChibokGirls by ensuring their immediate rescue. The rescue of OUR #ChibokGirls will amount to the strongest statement that our Government has respect for the the “Sanctity and Dignity of Every Nigerian Life.
2. The the Federal Government
will immediately set up a structured feedback system that is composed of the Federal and Borno State Governments through designated security and ministerial authorities, the parents of the abducted girls. and the Chibok (KADA) community. The feedback mechanism is so the Parents and the public can have regular updates on efforts to rescue our 219 #ChibokGirls.
3. We as a movement have designed a global best practice system of Verification, Authentication and Reuniting abducted citizens who are rescued. The Verification, Authentication and Reuniting System (VARS) is holistic for Rehabilitation, Reintegration and Resettlement of victims of abduction and can immediately be adopted by our Federal Government.
To implement such a systemic approach of authentication we recommend that the Federal Government inaugurates a team comprising:
The National Security Adviser, Leaders of the Counter Insurgency Task Force, the Department of State Security on one hand; and State Governments of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, aided and supported by Local Authorities and Traditional Leaders, on the other hand and the representatives of abduction victims on the other hand. The Team should be tasked with credible implementation of the VARS. The primary task of the Team shall be to work with every abducted victim’s family and community to accurately ascertain the true identity of every such individuals and following their accurate identification to make available the comprehensive program for Recovery, Rehabilitation Resettlement and Reintegration to the rescued citizens.
We advise that this system should be adopted for the 200 girls and 93 women rescued on the 28th April 2015.
The rehabilitation, resettlement and reintegration following their authentication should be implemented by both the Borno State Government and the Federal Government that make up the VARS Team and supported by development partners, NGOs and public spirited Nigerians.
Our movement, #BringBackOurGirls, stands ready to support this initiative.
4. That the Federal Government Government will immediately set up a Commission of Inquiry for Accountability on Abduction and Rescue of OUR #ChibokGirls. The Commission should be charged with the task of transparently investigating and reporting on the security lapses that caused their successful abduction and the operational leadership failures that led to their long captivity in terrorist enclave.
5. That all Nigerians will join our #BringBackOurGirls movement to continue to advocate for our 219 #ChibokGirls until they are rescued and be prepared to embrace and welcome our Girls back home. That all Nigerians will join us demanding for the rescue of all other abducted citizens of our nation and their authentication and rehabilitation.
30 April 2015